d is for dessert

Hello my name is Tara and I am a dessert-a-holic...

I think the mini candy bars have done me in.  I have no control.

I mean, they aren't even very good and yet I can't...help...myself. 

I need to stop the insanity and quit sugar go back to treating myself with only the good stuff...

like the chocolate chip bread pudding above that I had a couple of weeks ago.

It was at a new bakery I'd been dying to try where the mantra is good ingredients matter.  We watched Charlotte karate kick her way towards a new belt and stopped in on the way home.




I, in an unusual state of together-ness, even brought along the homework...


that got finished along with each crumb of the brownie.

I think I just might try the handmade challenge this year...at least when it comes to sweets and treats.

I'm eating from scratch people...or at least I'm going to try.

10 comments:

  1. I agree, I keep eating the Halloween candy and it's not that great. I would much rather have a delicious baked treat like the ones you have pictured above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do my homework every night if it came along with brownies and hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been pigging out on halloween candy too and you're right - they're not that good! But I can't stop, haha!

    That brownie looks all kinds of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the pic of you. at least mini chocolate bars are better quality than the rocket candy crap i've been eating. no, i will not be doing any side face profile shots until it completely leaves my system ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so beautiful. I would love to wake up looking like you.

    And I want to go to this bakery with you. But no home work. I will bring magazines instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Charlotte and her new belt!! I was lucky we had so many kids come by this year that we had to left over candy or mini chocolate bars!

    BTW I love that pic of you, you look so chic and stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree what a beautiful photo. I know what you mean about those tiny itty chocolate bars-so decieving and enticing!
    Dessert from scratch? Yum-that is what my daughter does best, the gooier the better! You only live once:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have been on a mini choc bar binge and figured out today they must be banned from the house. Of course that is after I think I may make red velvet cupcakes ~ no balance here! Hope you are having a wonderful week-end Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those little candy bars have me hooked on sweets so bad, I really need to stop!

    ReplyDelete